Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let it Snow




Yes I know, it's kind of late for a winter-y, Christmas-y post but what can I do? I've only just learned how to make a snowflake in illustrator, thanks to Alma from Nicole's Classes! The ballerina snowflakes here are actually my homework for my Ornaments and Embellishments class.

The other 3 snowflakes that look like paper cut-outs are, well, really paper cut-outs! I made for last December for our family's Christmas party decor. I used my old watercolor paintings, the ones I didn't care much for because I thought they looked awful. Well I only needed the clean side so I cut them out. Imagine my surprise after I turned them over. My paintings looked a lot cooler! It's kinda sad though that they had to have pieces of them missing to look nicer. Haha.

Anyway, there you have it! Who needs winter when you can make your own snow? :-)

1 comment:

  1. wow! love these snowflakes - your design and your blog are amazing
    * julia

    ReplyDelete