Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Be Still My Heart



I went swimming about 2 weeks ago at our local sports club and found it quite bare and looking a bit lonely. I guess I got so used to seeing the place decked out in cheerful Christmas decor for the past few months, that this sudden change surprised me a little. Gone were the sparkling lights, the bright greens of Christmas wreathes and the reds and golds of bows, glitter, and poinsettias. What the sports club didn't remove though, were a few leafless, fake, white trees, that used to glow with white and blue lights. But where the lights were previously, now hung strings of red, glittery hearts. I thought it odd at first. Valentines isn't 'till February. And then I checked my phone, and realized february is less than 2 weeks away!

Time sure flies, doesn't it. January barely got here! Blogs too, are already celebrating Valentines' -- hearts, I-love-you's, and be-mine's seem to be everywhere!

So, I decided to join in the fun and create my own Valentines art. I had this idea for a while, thanks to the song Be Still My Heart by the Postal Service. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment